Junior Merchandiser (MAT Cover)
Head Office – Whyteleafe, Surrey (Hybrid/Remote)
Competitive salary + benefits that will get you excited
Ann Summers is SEXY, DARING, PROVOCATIVE and NAUGHTY – we push boundaries and buttons to give our customers exactly what they want! We’re the destination brand for must-have lingerie and sex toy innovation and stand proud as the authority in our industry. We passionately champion sexual liberation and believe that every woman in the world should feel like the sexiest woman in the world!
Work-life balance is important to us at Ann Summers, so we offer our teams as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust our teams to know how they work best, combining remote and collaborative working, with a flexible approach to core hours. This allows our people the time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our team goals.
At Ann Summers we are proud to continue embracing inclusion, diversity and equality in our every day, supporting our people to be themselves. We are committed to building teams with a variety of backgrounds, skills and views. We regret that due to high volumes we are unable to acknowledge every application. As an experienced Junior Merchandiser working alongside the Junior Buyer, you will run the product area as an independent profit centre focusing all activity on meeting customer needs and managing key KPIs (sales, stock, markdown, margin) to ensure achieved margin is optimised.
* In conjunction with the Junior Buyer & Senior Team develop the strategy for your department delivering across all channels (retail, IMO, PP & wholesale) ensuring there are clear building blocks and commercial KPIs reflecting business strategy.
* Creates option plan by using relevant KPIs such as ROS, sales, price/GBB, channel, density and line life.
* With buying ensure ranges are commercially balanced, support the multi-channel trading strategy & are aligned with the needs of the customer considering key parameters where relevant, such as trend, end-use, price architecture, GBB, seasonal vs continuity, colour and shape, ensuring that all stores maintain credibility and interest.
* Leads product sign-offs with Junior Buyer, clearly demonstrating how the product plan will deliver the budgeted KPIs in line with the strategy and customer requirements.
* Manage intake to deliver regular flow newness, SKU availability and end of season terminal stock targets. Working with buying to ensure that product and intake deadlines are met. Make sure you communicate any issues with key stakeholders.
* Creates and implements an allocation strategy, with a good knowledge of replen settings, to manage all channels’ stock efficiently. Has a good understanding of target vs current stock levels and reviews against performance, ensuring all stores and channels are stocked to deliver sales budgets and forecasts across categories and key lines whilst minimising markdown spend. This includes size profiling (softs only), location/product profiling and full-price sell-through optimisation.
* Proposes markdown and promotional offers, ensuring they are aligned with brand objectives and considering the financial impact of the recommendations. Measures and reports effectiveness of all activity.
* Undertakes regular performance reviews across their categories to ensure financial targets are on track. With buying identify trends, risks & opportunities, understand underlying factors & take appropriate action to maximise opportunities/mitigate risks.
* Identify problems, find solutions & revise plans/actions promptly to resolve issues.
* Working with Buying formulates an effective and timely trialling strategy to support future product development and influence decisions.
You need to be this kind of person…
* Passionate about developing a beautiful, design-driven, commercial product that delights our customers
* Able to make it happen and push boundaries in a fast-paced, fun and dynamic environment
* Care about doing a great job and empower others with the quality of what you do
* An amazing stakeholder manager and relationship builder, who Leads by example, inspiring individuals & teams to do their best
* An authentic ambassador you champion & demonstrate our people's values at all times.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this role you will need to have…
* A passion for product, balanced with an understanding of the need for commercial acumen
* Proven track record of delivering results as an individual and within a team
* An understanding of the financial leavers to drive product performance.
* A background in hard goods, gifting or beauty, with an extensive merchandising experience
* Experience in supporting an MAA.
* Extensive excel experience.
All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible to discuss the role and their experience further. Ann Summers complies with all GDPR policies and by responding to this ad your details will be kept on record for a total of 6 months unless expressed otherwise
Once your application has been received you will automatically get an email letting you know we have it!
The next step is simple. Our Talent Team will review all applications and will only contact you if you have the right skill set and experience for that particular role.
This will be by phone, but don’t worry if we can’t get hold of you, we’ll send you an email as well.