Buyers Admin Assistant
x2 vacancies - Lingerie and Accessories
Head Office – Whyteleafe, Surrey - Hybrid Working
Competitive salary + benefits that will get you excited!
Ann Summers is SEXY, DARING, PROVOCATIVE and NAUGHTY – we push boundaries and buttons to give our customers exactly what they want!
We’re the destination brand for must-have lingerie and sex toy innovation and stand proud as the authority in our industry. We passionately champion sexual liberation and believe that every woman in the world should feel like the sexiest woman in the world!
About the role….
Accessories is our most diverse product area; you’d be helping the team to develop product areas including: confectionary, games, seasonal gifting, home, fragrance, bath & body, lubricants and bondage. On a day-to day basis you will be working as part of a team to look at competitors, analyse sales, chase and approve samples, as well as, communicating product information across the business.
Our lingerie department has grown from strength to strength and with this growth we have an exciting new opportunity within our department. Our department covers anything from beautiful delicate foiled embroideries to our exciting sexy lace collection made from recycled fibres. We are proud of our Knickerbox Planet collection and have exciting new options planned in our hosiery & fashion lingerie department too. What makes us different? This BAA role doesn’t just cover admin task and you will have the opportunity attending photo shoots, comp shop days out & trend meetings to name a few.
What will I be doing…?
* Understand our customers, through competitive shopping and research, and communicate findings with the team to understand brand performance in the retail market and seek opportunities/threats.
* Maintain and constantly review the critical path to ensure components and samples are delivered and approved on time to meet cross-functional department needs.
* Understand supplier lead times and factory processes and the impact to each department of suppliers missing deadlines.
* Ensure all products are raised and processed accurately within the different systems, including packaging briefs, technical workbooks and B&M systems.
* Proactively manage the sample library, ensuring samples are approved on time, highlighting issues to the team, are filed and encourage best practices.
* Using insight, contribute ideas in department discussions, understand margin dynamics and the impact of on-time/ late product delivery.
* Plans and prioritises daily workload, organises and prepares and attends meetings.
* Communicate effectively with all internal and external stakeholders, taking into account the impact of our decisions on other areas of the business and communicating accordingly.
* Prepares fit lists, workbooks, and samples in a timely manner for fit sessions.
* Develop a good working relationship with the technologist to ensure fit sessions are run smoothly and ensure best fit/quality is achieved.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this role you will need…
* Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
* Strong communication and organisational skills.
* Good problem-solving ability.
* Commercial awareness and a keen interest in the fashion retail industry.
* Microsoft Office, Word, Excel (basic), Power Point
* Excellent interpersonal skills
What we Offer….
* 50% staff discount
* From 29 days Annual Leave
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Pensions & Perks Scheme
* Private Medical Insurance (Opt in)
* Life Assurance
* Reward & Recognition Programme
* Wellness & Happiness Programme
* On site Ann Summers Factory Store
* Free On-Site Car Park
* Season Ticket Loan
* Flexi Friday
* PLUS lots and lots of social events!
Ann Summers complies with all GDPR policies and by responding to this ad your details will be kept on record for a total of 6 months unless expressed otherwise.
Reference ID: BAA/Jan2022/CG
Once your application has been received you will automatically get an email letting you know we have it!
The next step is simple. Our Talent Team will review all applications and will only contact you if you have the right skill set and experience for that particular role.
This will be by phone, but don’t worry if we can’t get hold of you, we’ll send you an email as well.