Accounts Payable Assistant
Head Office – Whyteleafe, Surrey
Competitive salary + benefits that will get you excited
Ann Summers is SEXY, DARING, PROVOCATIVE and NAUGHTY – we push boundaries and buttons to give our customers exactly what they want!
We’re the destination brand for must-have lingerie and sex toy innovation and stand proud as the authority in our industry. We passionately champion sexual liberation and believe that every woman in the world should feel like the sexiest woman in the world!
Whether you’re working at our head office or in one of our stores, one thing that’s guaranteed is no two days are the same. We’re a unique brand with a phenomenally talented team of experts across all our channels – together we’re empowered to achieve the brand’s global vision.
We’re on the hunt for a talented and experienced Accounts Payable Assistant who can ensure that payments made to suppliers are accurate, timely, and comply with accounting and tax regulations. This role will suit someone who has experience in mentoring and developing a team within a high-volume processing accounts team.
What will I be doing…
* Supporting two AP assistants with the day to day running of the AP function
* Responsible for all property invoices ensuring that they are processed on a timely basis
* Preparing all property payments, certifying that payment is received within the agreed timeframe.
* Assisting the AP Manager with weekly payment runs when required, processing BACS and Wire payments
* Monthly reconciliation of supplier statements
* Ensuring new supplier forms are submitted correctly and actioned promptly
* Manage Accounts Payable inbox daily, ensuring all correspondence is answered within the agreed SLA and any issues highlighted to the AP manager.
* Monitor and manage the GRNI report weekly
* Log, match and validate invoices, credit notes and expenses within NAV accurately and on a timely basis using Continia.
* Proactively support the evolution of processes, financial controls and outputs for Accounts Payable as identified by the AP manager to meet the changing needs of the business
Financial or/and Commercial
* Ensure that all property invoices are tax compliant
* Support company compliance with relevant tax regulations (e.g VAT, PAYE), by checking employee expenses comply with the company expense policy and through accurate transaction recording
You need to be this kind of person…
* Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and simplicity for our customers.
* Able to work and learn quickly in a fast-paced, fun and dynamic environment.
* Care about doing a great job and pushing boundaries with the quality of what you do.
* Strong technical expertise and problem-solving skills.
* A drive for constant learning.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this role you will need…
* At least 3 years AP experience in a similar role
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Ability to work autonomously
* IT literate, with sound knowledge of Microsoft packages
* Confident and effective communicator
* Proactive attitude to problem-solving
We regret that due to high volumes we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible to discuss the role and their experience further.
Ann Summers complies with all GDPR policies and by responding to this ad your details will be kept on record for a total of 6 months unless expressed otherwise.
Once your application has been received you will automatically get an email letting you know we have it!
The next step is simple. Our Talent Team will review all applications and will only contact you if you have the right skill set and experience for that particular role.
This will be by phone, but don’t worry if we can’t get hold of you, we’ll send you an email as well.