Buyers Admin Assistant
Head Office – Whyteleafe, Surrey
Competitive salary + benefits that will get you excited
Ann Summers is SEXY, DARING, PROVOCATIVE and NAUGHTY – we push boundaries and buttons to give our customers exactly what they want!
We’re the destination brand for must-have lingerie and sex toy innovation and stand proud as the authority in our industry. We passionately champion sexual liberation and believe that every woman in the world should feel like the sexiest woman in the world!
Whether you’re working at our head office or in one of our stores, one thing that’s guaranteed is no two days are the same. We’re a unique brand with a phenomenally talented team of experts across all our channels – together we’re empowered to achieve the brand’s global vision.
We’re on the hunt for a fashion graduate who is looking to start their career in buying. You will contribute to the process of all stock/sales and intake within the department and ensure all admin work surrounding these are completed and communicated.
What will I be doing…
* Understand our customer, through competitive shopping and research, and communicate findings with the team to understand brand performance in the retail market and seek opportunities/threats.
* Maintain and constantly review the critical path to ensure components and samples are delivered and approved on time to meet cross-functional department needs.
* Understand supplier lead times and factory processes and the impact to each department of suppliers missing deadlines.
* Ensure all products are raised and processed accurately within the different systems, including packaging briefs, technical workbooks and B&M systems.
* Proactively manage the sample library, ensuring samples are approved on time, highlighting issues to the team, are filed and encourage best practice.
* Using insight, contribute ideas in department discussions, understand margin dynamics and the impact of on-time/ late product delivery.
* Plans and prioritises daily workload, organises and prepares and attends meetings.
* Communicate effectively with all internal and external stakeholders, taking into account the impact of our decisions on other areas of the business and communicate accordingly.
* Prepares fit lists, workbooks and samples in a timely manner for fit sessions.
* Develop a good working relationship with the technologist to ensure fit sessions are run smoothly and ensuring best fit/quality is achieved.
You need to be this kind of person…
* Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and simplicity for our customers.
* Able to work and learn quickly in a fast-paced, fun and dynamic environment.
* Care about doing a great job and pushing boundaries with the quality of what you do.
* Strong technical expertise and problem-solving skills.
* A drive for constant learning.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this role you will need…
* Fashion graduate with a focus on either buying or marketing
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Ability to work autonomously
* IT literate, with sound knowledge of Microsoft packages
* Confident and effective communicator
* Proactive attitude to problem-solving
We regret that due to high volumes we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible to discuss the role and their experience further.
Ann Summers complies with all GDPR policies and by responding to this ad your details will be kept on record for a total of 6 months unless expressed otherwise.
Once your application has been received you will automatically get an email letting you know we have it!
The next step is simple. Our Talent Team will review all applications and will only contact you if you have the right skill set and experience for that particular role.
This will be by phone, but don’t worry if we can’t get hold of you, we’ll send you an email as well.