Senior Systems Administrator
Head Office – Whyteleafe, Surrey
Competitive salary + benefits that will get you excited
Ann Summers is SEXY, DARING, PROVOCATIVE and NAUGHTY – we push boundaries and buttons to give our customers exactly what they want!
We’re the destination brand for must-have lingerie and sex toy innovation and stand proud as the authority in our industry. We passionately champion sexual liberation and believe that every woman in the world should feel like the sexiest woman in the world!
Whether you’re working at our head office or in one of our stores, one thing that’s guaranteed is no two days are the same. We’re a unique brand with a phenomenally talented team of experts across all our channels – together we’re empowered to achieve the brand’s global vision.
We’re on the hunt for a talented and experienced Senior Systems Administrator who is an expert and delivering second & third line technical support, but also wants to improve support services and get involved in strategic system change projects. We need someone who wants to be part of our journey as we research and roll out new technologies as part of our ongoing ambitious strategic technology roadmap.
What will I be doing…
* Support the Technology team to deliver the company and department strategy, being an ambassador for the Technology department, demonstrating high levels of customer service and being recognised as a technical authority.
* Provide proactive technical leadership with a commercial and delivery focus ensuring quality across all projects, developments and support initiatives.
* Provide hands-on application, integration support and maintenance. Investigating and resolving incidents and service requests assigned to the Applications Team. Working to agreed SLA’s.
* Take ownership of escalated applications incidents, providing technical analysis and investigation across the core business applications. Such as Microsoft Navision, Pyramid, SQL, databases etc
* Manage and maintain all core system environments.
* Executing approved code deployments (subject to strict change approval process)
* Coordinating software patches and updates according to the agreed maintenance schedules
* Completing checks and housekeeping to ensure the stability of systems and processes, and that processes are maintained at their optimal functionality and performance levels.
* Identify and implement monitoring & alerting regimes for core applications and systems, to ensure that any issues are identified and addressed according to the 24h support profiles.
* Integrate the support of new applications and small changes into operational support processes, actively participating in training/handover sessions to acquire the necessary knowledge, assisting in the design as required.
* Provide coaching for colleagues across the Technology department to broaden the overall understanding of the services provided by the business applications to the wider business, enhance the overall service delivery across the department.
* Maintain documentation that falls within the scope of the Applications Support team to a high quality.
* Work closely with 3rd party partners to ensure the correct technical specialists are coordinated efficiently in response to incidents, service requests and change/project implementation.
* Proactively seek out ways to improve the service provided and driving the improvements through to delivery.
* Provide out of hours and bank holiday support when required, on a rota basis.
You need to be this kind of person…
* Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and simplicity for our customers.
* Able to work and learn quickly in a fast-paced, fun and dynamic environment.
* Care about doing a great job and pushing boundaries with the quality of what you do.
* Strong technical expertise and problem-solving skills.
* A drive for constant learning.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this role you will need…
* Detailed understanding of the integration of ERP systems, beneficial if Microsoft Navision 2018/Dynamics 365
* 2 years second/third line Support Team experience and ideally ITIL/Service Management usage.
* Experience of working in SQL server/database environments, we are predominately Microsoft stack. Experience of SSRS &/or SSIS would also be beneficial.
* Retail industry knowledge/experience would be highly beneficial or a similar multisite business, hospitality or leisure.
* Powershell scripting, along with Software deployment/release management experience would be a benefit.
* As we move our technology on, Salesforce Commerce Cloud knowledge, Cloud-based technology (Azure/AWS) and API knowledge/support experience would be beneficial.
* 33 days holiday
* Up to 50% discount
* Season ticket loan
* Company stakeholder pension
* Holiday purchase scheme
* On-site outlet store
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Corporate ‘Perks’ discount scheme
* Life Assurance
We regret that due to high volumes we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible to discuss the role and their experience further.
Ann Summers complies with all GDPR policies and by responding to this ad your details will be kept on record for a total of 6 months unless expressed otherwise.
Once your application has been received you will automatically get an email letting you know we have it!
The next step is simple. Our Talent Team will review all applications and will only contact you if you have the right skill set and experience for that particular role.
This will be by phone, but don’t worry if we can’t get hold of you, we’ll send you an email as well.