Logistics Shift Leader
Ann Summers is an iconic empire and multi-channel retailer. Our journey has been paved by the Golds and we've got one hell of a heritage to be proud of. 44 years, over 2 million Rampant Rabbits, 131 stores and we're still throwing 7,000 parties each week.
We are looking for a Logistics Shift Leader with high levels of energy and passion for all things Ann Summers:
How does this Role support fulfilling Our Vision:
Creating a logistics and supply chain environment, which allows us to always put the customer first, whilst supporting the business in delivering profitable growth, while supporting the delivery of the 52 week trading profit, through creating efficiencies, taking opportunities and enabling cost control of the departmental budget.
What you'll need to succeed:
Supervisory or management experience within a Retail Warehouse / Distribution environment and passion for operational excellence. A customer-focused manner. Experience in leading, coaching and developing a dynamic and diverse team of people. Experience in utilising WMS (Navision preferable) and H&S savvy.
Summary of Key Activities:
* Ensure a safe, productive and efficient working environment for employees, visitors and customers, through consistent Health & safety checks, monitoring and preventive assessments
* Support department in achieving and driving to exceed departmental budget expectations, in supporting the delivery of the 52 week trading profit, through creating efficiencies, taking opportunities and enabling cost control of the departmental budget, with special focus in procurement consumables and agency expenditures
* Ensure teams are motivated and focussed on workload, with deadlines, KPIs and service level agreements met
* Initiate change to endeavour to be the best we can be, through the delivery of any new host systems and our S&M program – including supporting the realisation on investments – S&M benefits
* Coach and develop team to fulfil their full potential – equally managing poor performance / behaviours through counselling / appraisals / pip program / disciplinary policies
* Create a high performance environment and culture, whilst supporting line manager and business strategic objectives
* Manage and develop internal stake holder relationships whilst maintaining robust reporting structures – including participation in weekly team brief on SME subjects
* Accountability for departmental functions, i.e. Outbound (Picking, Transacting, Despatch), Inventory (Replenishment, stock control, reprocessing), Inbound (Intake, wholesale, Int’l) performance, including meeting all departmental KPI’s
* Deliver constant, relevant & effective 360 degree communication, strong customer focus and the ability to perform under pressure of a fast pace environment
* Maintain and deliver robust operational reporting for respective department, in aim to support the overall logistics reporting program; analysing data and driving efficiencies by utilising our host WMS system (Navision) to manage attendance, performance and conduct to company standards, utilising our policies & procedures
* Oversee a full shift to ensure it operates effectively in line with business requirements and ensuring handovers for the next shift are completed. Working collaboratively with other Shift Leaders to proactively drive improvement initiatives. Support with shift cover during weekends, peak and holiday periods.
* Meeting of the Company`s Values
We are the company we are because we do everything we can to make every day fun whilst making a real difference to the sex lives of people around the world. We promise that when you work with us at Ann Summers it will be fun because if you are going to work for a living, it should be doing something you love so apply today and become part of the team that Love Work!
We regret that due to high volumes we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible to discuss the role and their experience further.
Following receipt of your application we will contact you for a brief telephone interview where you will have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have regarding Ann Summers or the position.
We will invite you to attend a first stage competency based interview with a member of the department.
If successful you will be invited to attend a second stage interview what will include further competency based questions and for some positions may include a presentation or completion of a personality questionnaire.
In the majority of cases we will be ready to make a decision following the second stage interview and hopefully you will have gathered the information you require to make yours.