Regional Support Manager (Area Manager)
London (stores in and around Central London)
Benefits include a company car, 33 days’ holiday, pension scheme, private medical insurance plus impressive staff discount!
Ann Summers is an iconic empire and multi-channel retailer. Our journey has been paved by the Golds and we've got one hell of a heritage to be proud of!
40+ years, over 2 million Rampant Rabbits sold, around 120 stores and we're still throwing nearly 7,000 parties each week.
Working for us certainly isn't for the faint-hearted, it’s for the passionate, the daring, and the expert! Our colleagues throughout the business are devoted to Ann Summers and they have every reason to be! We stand proud for female empowerment, sexual liberation and always being the best version of you there is.
An extremely exciting opportunity has become available to join the AS family as part of our established regional team, supporting us in achieving our vision for the future.
We’re looking for a highly talented, dynamic Regional Support Manager with a proven track record. You will own the success of a portfolio of stores in London; creating and capitalising on sales opportunities to achieve the brand objectives.
The main focus in this role is to lead, coach and influence the teams to achieve KPIs and brand standards, ensuring consistency across the entire retail estate.
You’ll be accountable for your stores and their profit and loss, reporting into the Regional Manager for London, Essex and Kent.
You’ll be leading the way with employee engagement, it’s crucial that the colleagues in your region feel motivated and supported in their roles. You will champion progression and development, curating a fantastic succession plan and implementing this to nurture great internal talent.
Areas of Responsibility:
* Supporting the Regional Manager with the delivery of the regional strategy; developing and delivering a business plan for the London stores maximising profitability whilst reducing potential risks
* Carrying out structured store visits regularly, identifying key successes and areas for improvement; leaving actions to be taken and ensuring follow up
* Monitoring and controlling costs in line with the stores’ budgets
* Inspiring and empowering the store colleagues and management to reach their full potential
* Recruiting the BEST talent into the business and supporting your teams to recruit the BEST people to contribute to the success of their stores
* Supporting retail succession through a Talent Map, identifying colleagues ready for progression and flagging them to the Regional Manager
* Holding regular reviews with your teams, developing PDPs where required, offering effective guidance and support
* Liaising with the H&S and People & Talent teams, ensuring a pleasant store environment for the colleagues and customers alike
* Establishing a fantastic customer experience in store, delivering high standards across customer service, VM and operations
* Upholding the delivery of ‘Service with Love’, ensuring the teams are ambassadors of this at all times. Provide feedback on areas for improvement and ensure this is taken and implemented with immediate effect
* Encouraging the team to use the training resources available to them to provide the customer with the best product knowledge
* Delivering successful stock operations to ensure maximum product availability for the customer
* Driving visual brand excellence across the stores, establishing the importance of VM guideline compliance whilst ensuring the management are executing commercial decisions to maximise profitability in store
* Ensuring the teams are maximising the success of their stock through effective replenishment, product placement and knowledge of the ranges
* Working with the Regional Manager and the Buying and Merchandising teams to maximise the stock package for each store, establishing effective lines of communication to influence future activity or feedback any issues
To be a success in this role you’ll need:
* An established career as a Dual Site, Cluster or Area Manager with experience gained in the Retail, Leisure or Hospitality sectors
* Exceptional business acumen with a real passion for delivering results
* A keen eye for detail and a flare for VM
* Strong communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels
* To be fantastic at motivating and developing people to deliver high performing teams
* The ability to make decisions efficiently with confidence
We regret that due to high volumes we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible to discuss the role and their experience further.
Following receipt of your application we will contact you for a brief telephone interview where you will have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have regarding Ann Summers or the position.
We will invite you to attend a first stage competency based interview with a member of the department.
If successful you will be invited to attend a second stage interview what will include further competency based questions and for some positions may include a presentation or completion of a personality questionnaire.
In the majority of cases we will be ready to make a decision following the second stage interview and hopefully you will have gathered the information you require to make yours.