DevOps/ Applications Manager
Ann Summers is an iconic empire and multi-channel retailer. Our journey has been paved by the Golds and we've got one hell of a heritage to be proud of. 44 years, over 2 million Rampant Rabbits, 131 stores and we're still throwing 7,000 parties each week.
Working for us certainly isn't for the faint-hearted but it is for the passionate, the daring, and the expert! Our Headoffice is passionate about Ann Summers, and why wouldn't they be when our ultimate vision is to help every women in the world feel like the sexiest women in the world.
We are looking for a DevOps & Application Manager with high levels of energy and passion for all things Ann Summers. This position will be to lead the design and maintenance of our core system environments and to manage the DevOps & Support function. To ensure the different environments in the application delivery stack are managed and kept aligned. To manage code releases according to Ann Summers release process & procedures and to coordinate efforts through the release and change management processes into production as well as to ensure core systems are patched and updated to the latest levels.
Summary of Key Activities:
* Develop and implement standards and procedures for all DevOps & Application Support activities, ensuring documentation is available. Streamline processes where possible and implement DevOps procedures that align with ITIL best practice.
* Manage all core systems environments including but not limited to the following; Code deployments, Software deployments and updates, Systems Administration, Environment monitoring & alerting, Application & systems support
* Contribute to profit targets through ensuring SLA’s are met and to minimise business impact. Identification of cost effective solutions and management of staff and suppliers to ensure high levels of service and value for money are delivered.
* Build effective relationships with internal colleagues, ensuring that business needs for high standards of service are met. This requires a high degree of interpersonal contact and a pro-active approach with face to face communication in order to understand and fulfil the requirements of your customers both internal and external.
* Take overall responsibility for core system environments & application support, ensuring that service levels are met with a strong focus on incident & problem management to ensure the impact to services are minimised. Work with developers and infrastructure engineers to design, provision, deploy, monitor and continuously improve our development, test/staging, and production environments toolchains, and processes.
* Own Service Introduction for the DevOps and Application Support functions. Oversee the introduction of new projects and small changes into the environments and support function; ensuring that appropriate training takes place and documentation is created and made accessible and procedures follow existing solutions and standards unless there is justification for deviation.
* Deliver and maintain mechanisms to monitor systems 24/7 and introduce methods of event management in order to capture incidents early and enable quick resolution. Plan and adjust our cloud infrastructure to ensure security, availability, and scalability.
* Work closely with the application delivery, integration & test functions to provide support and assist with code management and deployment services.
* Ensure that staffing levels are maintained throughout operations hours and that on-call resource is scheduled & shared across the team. Assist analysts in providing support when workloads are high, and participating in OOH support.
* Manage suppliers to ensure they deliver a premium service which aligns with agreed SLA’s. Conduct reviews and drive performance through a continual service program.
* Recruitment, training, development and performance management of DevOps & Support staff. Ensuring that through which ever means is deemed necessary to deliver a premium DevOps service including taking up a share of operational activity.
* Meet company values
We are the company we are because we do everything we can to make every day fun whilst making a real difference to the sex lives of people around the world. We promise that when you work with us at Ann Summers it will be fun because if you are going to work for a living, it should be doing something you love so apply today and become part of the team that Love Work!
We regret that due to high volumes we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible to discuss the role and their experience further.
Following receipt of your application we will contact you for a brief telephone interview where you will have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have regarding Ann Summers or the position.
We will invite you to attend a first stage competency based interview with a member of the department.
If successful you will be invited to attend a second stage interview what will include further competency based questions and for some positions may include a presentation or completion of a personality questionnaire.
In the majority of cases we will be ready to make a decision following the second stage interview and hopefully you will have gathered the information you require to make yours.