Garment Technologist - Based in Whyteleafe
Developing Apparel and Lingerie that is innovative and market leading to keep ahead of the competition and remain a number one destination for sexy Apparel and Lingerie.
Summary of Key Activities:
* Work cohesively and effectively within the Technical team, buying teams and supplier base.
* Develop high quality products into key price points, pricing strategies and delivery deadlines.
* Create tech packs for Apparel using design sketches given ensuring consistency of fit across apparel and Lingerie
* Ensure consistency of product performance throughout the product categories ensuring that performance boundaries are continually pushed to ensure we stay market leaders in quality, performance and fit.
* Follow the QA systems and procedures to ensure there is always full flexibility with the continually changing buying patterns and market trends
* Work with supplier base to continually and consistently improve and implement strong quality systems and procedures to improve cost efficiency, quality and performance wherever possible.
* Monitor and Analyse market trends. Work closely with the buying teams to deliver new and exciting innovative products and trends that exceed customers’ expectations.
* Review and Analyse supplier performance and swot analysis to rate and improve supplier performance from season to season
* Build and maintain strong relationships with the supply base in order to achieve maximum performance , reliability and deliveries to the highest quality and performance standards
* Demonstrate a pro-active flexible approach to products, and garments to keep sample requirements, testing and submissions to a minimum ensuring critical path deadlines are achieved
* Monitor any quality issues that may arise. Advise any quality issues or potential risks to the Senior technologist and buying manager
* Ensure quality and performance is in conjunction with the buying strategies and meets the needs of the market.
Ann Summers has all of the hottest locations as well as our head office which is easily accessible, just outside of the hustle and bustle of London.
We may be a British institution but we are busy taking the world by storm; our international team has made moves across the pond and beyond. We are now trading in the Middle East and expanding into Australia, America and Germany, meaning that there are more eyes than ever on team AS.
Ready to join us? Apply now! We would love for you to be part of our future...
We regret that due to high volumes we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible to discuss the role and their experience further.
Following receipt of your application we will contact you for a brief telephone interview where you will have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have regarding Ann Summers or the position.
We will invite you to attend a first stage competency based interview with a member of the department.
If successful you will be invited to attend a second stage interview what will include further competency based questions and for some positions may include a presentation or completion of a personality questionnaire.
In the majority of cases we will be ready to make a decision following the second stage interview and hopefully you will have gathered the information you require to make yours.