How does this Role support fulfilling Our Vision: The PR Executive will actively contribute to the overall achievement of the PR strategy for Ann Summers.
Summary of Key Activities:
1 Assist the PR Manager to deliver press campaigns for short lead, long lead and online press to support the launch of campaigns, product launches and strategic brand initiatives. This will include all aspects of delivery including initial concept, delivery and KPI/ROI evaluation.
2 Support the delivery of all PR activity with the design, development and distribution of e-shots, press releases, case studies, look books and surveys etc.
3 Day to day information management including monitoring and KPI tracking of brand coverage, compilation of weekly PR updates and PR coverage reports and sharing to the wider business.
4 Drive regular press meetings with Fashion Assistants, Stylists, influencers, industry and trade contacts to ensure the press contacts database remains relevant and active.
5 Under instruction from the PR Manager, execute all PR events – this will include but is not limited to: researching venues and sourcing catering, distributing invitations, briefing supporting marketing collateral, liaising with B&M and VM to prepare samples and props, daily coordination on the day.
6 Ownership of PR samples, including organising the sample cupboard, logging and take ownership of sample call-ins, overseeing courier bookings and logistics and ensuring samples are returned from publications etc.
7 Manage the Ann Summers PR Twitter account and reach out to journalists with interesting news piece ideas.
8 Work in partnership with the Social Media Executive to coordinate the blogger outreach programme, including researching influential bloggers and building coverage-valuable relationships.
9 Support with the management of the department budget, ensuring the budget report is continually up to date and all activity within budget.
10 Develop an enviable corporate image for Ann Summers within the ‘erotic’ market.
11 Represent the brand to external partners (press, media agencies) and confident enough to attend media briefings and press meetings with the PR Manager or independently.
The ideal candidate will:
* Experience working at either a PR agency/in-house PR department.
* Have worked in the Retail sector, preferably Fashion.
* Have a black book of fashion press contacts and experience managing press appointments.
* Have solid experience selling-in features as well as product placement.
* Understand the importance of influencers for PR and Social – the ideal candidate will have examples of how they’ve outreached to influencers or have a black book of influential contacts.
* Be instinctively creative in their writing, ideas and presentation style – the ideal candidate will write a blog with excellent journalistic skills.
* Be insanely organised to support event and sample management.
* Be a natural hard working team player, willing to work outside of ‘normal’ hours as and when required.
Following receipt of your application we will contact you for a brief telephone interview where you will have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have regarding Ann Summers or the position.
We will invite you to attend a first stage competency based interview with a member of the department.
If successful you will be invited to attend a second stage interview what will include further competency based questions and for some positions may include a presentation or completion of a personality questionnaire.
In the majority of cases we will be ready to make a decision following the second stage interview and hopefully you will have gathered the information you require to make yours.