Summary of Key Activities:
* Acting as second in command for the Head of International on day-to-day running of the department including preparing strategy packs; scoping new partnerships from a commercial and operational perspective.
* Managing the critical path and on boarding of new UK and international partners (wholesale, concessions and franchise) from a commercial and operational perspective. Lead the commercial negotiations, contract signing and preparing a P&L for every new partner to sing off with the board.
* Applying general business and financial analysis skills to define the company strategies in this unit and ensure they are delivered.
* Lead financial evaluation of key projects and expansions, providing both commercial and financial assessment of plans.
* Providing analytical support such as the evaluation of business proposals, and driving ad-hoc cross-functional projects.
* Working with the client group senior management and corporate accounting to ensure effective cost management and to provide useful information for decision making
* Support the Head of International on tracking the department performance from a sales and costs perspective.
* Be the key point of contact for internal Legal, Finance, Supply Chain and Buying and Merch to drive the wholesale&international department priorities.
* Working closely with the Wholesale Category Manager (Buying) to insure correct
* Continually identifying new opportunities for wholesale partners to maximise profit by identifying better ways of working, savings in the supply chain (shipping, labelling etc)
* Setting up internal processes and procedures to on-board and maximise the sales and profit opportunities with existing and new wholesale and international partners.
* Acts as the key point of contact for UK wholesale and international partners for day to day operational matters;
* Leading budgeting and business review meetings with wholesale partners;
* Build relationships across the Ann Summers business functions and other Brands to ensure best practices are met and maintained
Desired Skills and Experience:
* Possess excellent commercial awareness and ability to drive profit
* Currently working in international retail business
* Ideally experience in business development and driving multiple projects simultaneously
* Background in Commercial, Finance or Operational Management
* Have proven success at managing international relationships
* Have an established track record of operational excellence
* Be able to demonstrate pro-activity in sourcing new ideas and inspiration
* Demonstrate good analytical skills, excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills
* Display excellent inter-personal and presentation skills
* Have experience of working as part of a fast paced team as well as an ability to work independently
* Can perform under pressure and operate in a fast past environment
Following receipt of your application we will contact you for a brief telephone interview where you will have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have regarding Ann Summers or the position.
We will invite you to attend a first stage competency based interview with a member of the department.
If successful you will be invited to attend a second stage interview what will include further competency based questions and for some positions may include a presentation or completion of a personality questionnaire.
In the majority of cases we will be ready to make a decision following the second stage interview and hopefully you will have gathered the information you require to make yours.